« 이전계속 »
TABLE OF CONTENTS
OF THE PROPOSED ACT.
Title of the Act, and Preamble,....
GENERAL DEFINITIONS AND DIVISIONS,
SECTION 1. Division of remedies,.......
2. Definition of an action,....
3. Definition of a special proceeding,..
4. Division of actions, into civil and criminal,.
5. Definition of a criminal action,......
V. Of the Superior Court, and Court of Common Pleas in
the city of New-York, and the Mayors' and Record-
VI. Of the Courts of Justices of the Peace,.
Of the Supreme Court, Circuit Courts, and Courts of Oyer and
SECTION 15. Existing statutory provisions, as to terms and business of the
court, repealed; and order of the court fixing the terms, &c.,
19. The same to be held together,..
21. Duration of the circuit court,.
22. Duration of the court of oyer and terminer,....
23. Times and places of general and special terms, circuit courts,
and courts of oyer and terminer, how designated, and by whom
24. Extraordinary general terms, circuit courts and courts of oyer
Of the Superior Court and Court of Common Pleas, in the city of
New-York, and the Mayors' and Recorders' courts in other
SECTION 39. Jurisdiction of the courts named in this title,.........
40. Jurisdiction of the New-York superior court, on appeal,.
41. General and special terms, of superior court and common pleas,
42. General and special terms, by whom held,
43. Judgments, where given,................
44. Concurrence of two judges, necessary to a judgment, at a gene-
SECTION 45. Repeal of certain existing provisions,
46, 47. Jurisdiction of these courts,...
48-55. Proceedings where title to real property comes in question,
56. Docketing their judgments, and effect thereof, ........
57. Provisions of this act, as to forms of action and pleading, appli-
Of Justices' and other Inferior Courts in Cities,..
II. The Assistant Justices' Courts, in the city of New-York,
III. The Municipal Court of the city of Brooklyn; and the Justi-
ces' Courts of the cities of Albany, Troy, and Hudson,...
The Municipal Court of the city of Brooklyn, and the Justices'
Courts of the cities of Albany, Troy and Hudson,.....
SECTION 62. Distinction between actions at law and suits in equity, and forms
II. Actions for the recovery of real property,.
III. Actions, other than the recovery of real property,.
The time of commencing actions for the recovery of real prop-
SECTION 68. Limitation of actions for the recovery of real property,.......
77. Actions for relief, not before provided for,
78. Actions by the people, subject to the same limitation,
General provisions as to the time of commencing actions,.... 110-122
SECTION 79. When action deemed to have been commenced,.
80. Exception, where defendant is out of the state,.
85. Time of stay of action by injunction to be deducted,.
86. Disability must exist when right of action accrued,...
87. Where two or more disabilities, limitation does not attach, till
88. This title not applicable to bills, &c., of corporations, or to
89. Nor to actions against directors or stockholders of monied cor-
SECTION 91. Action to be in the name of the real party in interest,.
92. Assignment of a thing in action not to prejudice a defence,..
93. Executor or trustee may sue without the persons beneficially in-