« 이전계속 »
Lumsden, James, Dysart, merchant; by James Pottie, merchant, Kirkaldy
M'Caul, John and Sons, Glasgow, merchants; by Mr Garden, merchant there
Macgibbon, E. Glasgow, merchant; by George Duncan, accountant there
Nicol, William, Gateside, bleacher; by J. Craig, accountant, Paisley
Peacock, Robert and Sons, Paisley, merchants by Thomas Risk, accountant there
Penman, Andrew, Glasgow, bookseller; by James Charles, accountant there
Pitkethley, James, Leith, builder; by Alexander Ross, writer there
Pollock, A. and J. Paisley, cotton yarn merchants; by the trustee,, Orchard Street, there
Robey, George, Anstruther, merchant; by W. Scott, accountant in Edinburgh
Smith, James and Co. Peterhead, booksellers; by R. Gray, writer there.
BIRTHS, MARRIAGES, DEATHS.
August 2. At Malta, the lady of Captain Robert Tait, R. N. a son.
17. At Basseterre, island of St Kitt's, the lady of James Hay, of the Customs, a
September 20. At Scallaway, in Shetland, the lady of John Scott, younger of Scallaway, Esq. a daughter.
21. In St James's Place, Edinburgh, the lady of T. Rose, Esq. a son.
23. Lady John Somerset, a' son. 25. At Mylnefield House, Mrs Mylne of Mylnefield, a daughter.
26. At Southampton, the lady of George Holmes Jackson, Esq. of Glenmore, a son. 27. At Maxpoffle, Mrs Scott, younger of Raeburn, a daughter.
28. At Luton Park, Lady James Stuart, a daughter.
At Graham Street, Edinburgh, the lady of Captain David Campbell, a son. 29. At Paris, the Duchess de Berri, a Prince.
30. At Gogar House, the lady of James L'Amy, Esq. advocate, a daughter.
October 1. At Edinburgh, Mrs Greig of Hallgreig, a son.
4. At Durie, Mrs Christie, a son. 5. At Queen Street, Edinburgh, Mrs Inglis, a daughter.
Mrs James Moncreiff, Northumberland Street, Edinburgh, a son.
6. At Edinburgh, the lady of Sir George Sitwell, Bart of Renishaw, in the county of Derby, a son and heir.
19. At Cramond House, Mrs Hope Johnstone of Annandale, a son.
Mrs W. Ferrier, Albany Street, Edinburgh, a son,
Mrs Jas. H. Ross, 8, Dundas Street, a daughter.
20. At Bank Street, Edinburgh, Mrs Rymer, a daughter.
21. At Southsea, the lady of Sir James
Alex. Gordon, K. C. B. Royal Navy, a daughter.
24. In Great King Street, Edinburgh, Mrs Leonard Horner, a son.
Lately. In Richmond Bridewell, of twins, a boy and a girl, both doing well, Mrs Catherine Farley, about fourteen months a prisoner there under sentence of hard labour !
At 114, George Street, Edinburgh, the lady of Captain Menzies, a daughter.
January 1. At Government House, Calcutta, Major A. Lindsey, of the artillery, to Miss Flora Loudon Mackenzie, daughter of the late Donald Mackenzie of Hartfield.
March 22. At Meerut, in the East Indies, at the house of Lieut. H. Cochrane, of his Majesty's 8th light dragoons, Lieut. George Brooke, of the Horse Artillery, commanding the Rocket Brigade, to Miss Catherine Cochrane, niece of Dr Cochrane, late President of the Medical Board, Calcutta.
August 22. At Hartfield House, James Macdonald, Esq. of Balranald, and young. er of Lynedale, to Jane, third daughter of the deceased Captain Mackenzie of Hartfield.
September 4. At Edinburgh, James Austin, Esq. M. D. of the island of Barbadoes, to Elizabeth Mary, only daughter of the late Wm. Pierce, Esq. of Jamaica.
21. At Kirkhill, near Aberdeen, Thomas Barclay, Esq. of London, to Mary, second daughter of Captain Charles Adamson of Kirkhill.
28. At Halifax, Mr William Kelly, jun. merchant, Glasgow, to Elizabeth, eldest daughter of Copley Brown, Esq. Westfield, Halifax.
The Right Hon. Francis Earl of Huntingdon, to Eliza Mary, widow of the late Alexander Thistlewayte, Esq. of Hampshire.
29. At Balcarry, Alex. Chancellor of Shieldhill, Esq. to Miss Helen H. Robertson, daughter of the deceased Hugh Robertson, Esq. W. S.
30. Lieut.-Colonel Elphinstone, third son of the Hon. Wm. Elphinstone, to Diana Maria, daughter of Charles Clavering, Esq.
October 2. At Vogrie House, Warren Hastings Anderson, Esq. second son of David Anderson, Esq. of St Germain's, to Mary Elizabeth, eldest daughter of James Dewar, Esq. of Vogrie.
3. At Amelia Bank, Dundee, Adam Hunter, Esq. M. D. surgeon, Edinburgh, to Elizabeth, eldest daughter of the late John Kirkaldy, Esq.
5. At Edinburgh, the Rev. Alex. Duncan, Dundee, to Mary, eldest daughter of, Mr Thomas Grieve, Nicolson Square.
At Glasgow, Mr Archibald Fisken, merchant, to Eliza Inglis, only daughter of John Inglis, Esq. merchant.
At Coldstream, Donald M'Donald, Esq. of Drimintoron, to Miss Ann Cummings, fifth daughter of Mr Adam Cummings, merchant, Palinsburn.
At Kemyshall, William Goldie, Esq. writer in Dumfries, to Janet, eldest daughter of Robert Dinwoodie, Esq. of Kemyshall.
At Glasgow, Mr Maxwell Dick, bookseller, Irvine, to Miss Janet Bannerman, youngest daughter of William Bannerman, Esq. Anderston.
10. At Crookston House, James Greig, Esq. of Eccles, W. S. to Agnes, second daughter of John Borthwick, Esq. of Crookston.
16. At London, Captain Lewis Mackenzie, Royal Scots Greys, to Nancy, the only daughter of the late Samuel Forrester Bancroft, Esq.
17. At Melrose, Robert Henderson, Esq. writer in Selkirk, to Miss L. J. Waugh, daughter of the late Dr John Waugh of Jamaica.
At Hospitalfield, Captain Fyffe, R. N. to Henrietta Elizabeth, third daughter of the late David Hunter, Esq. of Blackness.
At Hendersyde Park, Captain George Edward Watts, Royal Navy, to Jane, youngest daughter of George Waldie, Esq. of Roxburghshire.
19. At Aberdeen, Mr George Crawford, Montrose, to Barbara, youngest daughter of the Rev. Dr Thompson, Aberdeen.
23. At Kilbarchan, the Rev. Matthew Allison, Relief minister of that place, to Miss Elizabeth Kirkwood, youngest daughter of the late James Kirkwood, merchant, Beith.
-At Haddington, Mr John Thomson, surgeon, R. N. to Eliza, eldest daughter of James Cockburn, Esq. of Elm House, Haddington.
At Glasgow, Mr Samuel M Farlane, manufacturer, to Jean, daughter of Mr Robert Corse.
24. In George Square, Edinburgh, William Downe Gillon, Esq. younger of Wallhouse, to Helen Eliza, eldest daughter of John Corse Scott, Esq. of Sinton.
25. At Wakefield, Wm. Campbell, Esq. W. S. Edinburgh, to Jane, second daughter of Hugh Cleghorn, Esq. of Stravithie. At Edinburgh, George William Tireman, Esq. of York, and of the Yorkshire regiment of hussars, to Charlotte, eldest daughter of Joseph Stainton, Esq. of Biggarshiells.
26. At Leith, the Rev. James Campbell, minister of Traquair, to Mary, daughter of Matthew Comb, Esq. brewer.
Lately. At Philadelphia, Mr James Finlayson, younger of Jeanfield, to Isabella, daughter of John Mellish, Esq.
March 14. At the Residency of Nepaul, Robert Stuart, Esq. youngest son of the late Sir John Stuart of Allanbank, Bart.
April. At Gaderwarrha, India, the headquarters of Colonel Adams, John Syme, younger of Ryedale, Lieutenant in the 19th native infantry, and Deputy Commissary at Nagpore.
At Trincomalee, Thomas Miller Buchan, youngest son of William Buchan of the Bank of Scotland, and surgeon of his Majesty's ship Minden, bearing the flag of Admiral Sir Richard King.
5. At Calcutta, Mrs Robert Campbell, one of the most amiable and universally respected ladies of the settlement.
19. At Ryepoor, of a fever, occasioned by fatigue on service, Lieut. Richard Fraser, 6th Bengal native infantry, eldest son of the late Mr Donald Fraser, writer in Inverness.
28. At Wurnoo Tank, in Wagur, Captain James Macmurdo, the Honourable East India Company's Resident at Cutch. May 7. At Samarang, Java, John Folwarth, Esq.
19. On his passage from Bombay to England, William George Burrell, M. D. surgeon of the 65th regiment of foot, son of the late Mr William Burrell, merchant in Edinburgh.
July 3. On his passage from India to Europe, Robert Hunter, Esq. surgeon in the Hon. East India Company's service.
Aug. 5. At Demerara, Mr John Wotherspoon, engineer, a native of Glasgow.
11. On board his Majesty's ship Tartar, Howard, third son of Colonel Sir Howard Douglas.
24. At Burroston, in Shetland, Mrs Henry, wife of Thomas Henry of Bayhall, Esq.
Sept. 7. At Wickham, in her 19th year, Miss Georgiana Jane M'Donald, eldest daughter of Dr M'Donald, Royal Navy.
8. At Wick, Barbara Rose, daughter of the Rev. Robert Phin.
9. At Plymouth, Samuel Hood Linzee, Esq. Vice-Admiral of the Blue. He fell from his horse in a fit of apoplexy, and never spoke afterwards.
At London, Catherine, daughter of the late Right Hon. Lady Janet, and Sir Robert Anstruther, Bart. of Balcaskie, Fifeshire.
30. At Mid Calder, Mr Thomas Fraser, surgeon.
At Jedburgh, Thomas Ormiston, Esq. of Glenburnhall.
In London, aged 83, the relict of the late James Macgregor, Esq. of Bellimore.
Oct. 1. At Bognor, in the 15th year of her age, Harriet, youngest daughter of Lord Spencer Chichester, deceased, and Lady Harriet Chichester.
At Bicton House, the Right Hon. Lady Rolle.
At Edinburgh, after a few days illness, James, youngest son of James Irvine, Esq. of Quebec, Lower Canada.
At Elphingston, Miss Boyle, sister of the late James Boyle, Esq. of Tillymurdoch.
At his house, Melville Street, Edinburgh, Charles Macpherson, late Inspector-General for North Britain.
2. At Montrose, aged 84, Mr John Kinnear, merchant.
3. At Gateshead, near Newcastle-uponTyne, the Hon. Mrs Smith, sister to the Earl of Donoughmore and Lord Hutchin
At the house of the Rev. James Gordon, Tombal, Glenlivat, Elizabeth Gordon, aged 75 years, relict of the late Mr James Gordon, merchant, Drumlithie.
4. At Stockbridge, Edinburgh, Miss Margaret Irving, second daughter of the late Lieutenant-Colonel Irving, of the 70th foot.
5. At Campbelton, Mrs Macvicar, in her 88th year, and the oldest widow on the pension list of the army.
Harriet, the wife of Lieut. Colonel Hogg, of Emers Down Cottage, Lyndhurst. 6. At Dundee, at the advanced age of 95, Miss Susanna Lyon, daughter of the late William Lyon of Carse, Esq. advocate, and grand-daughter of the late Lord Carse, one of the Senators of the College of Justice.
At Edinburgh, Helen, daughter of Thomas Bell, Esq. Wharton Place.
7. At the Manse of Sanquhar, the Rev. William Ranken, minister of that parish, in the 69th year of his age, and 35th of his ministry.
wife of Kenneth Mackenzie, M. D. second daughter of the late Wm. Blair, Esq. W. S.
15. At Marden Park, Surrey, in the 87th year of his age, John Hastell, Esq. Clerk of the House of Commons. He entered upon that office in the latter end of the reign of George II. His volumes of "Precedents of Proceedings in the House of Commons" are well known, and the work will long survive him as the text-book resorted to in all cases of difficulty.
16. At Edinburgh, Mr Alex. Phillip, baker; and on the 20th curt. Mrs Janet Inglis, his wife.
At Bermondsey, London, John Millar, M. D. only son of Mr John Millar, Canongate.
Mrs Hagart, sen. of Bantaskine. 17. At Edinburgh, Miss Janet Buchan, youngest daughter of the late John Buchan, Esq. of Letham.
18. At Westwood Cottage, Balthayock, Mary, daughter of the late John Blair of Balthayock, Esq.
At Corntown, near Stirling, John Stewart, Esq.
19. At Leith, Mrs Ann Beugo, relict of the deceased Mr Alexander Balfour, cabinet-maker, Kinghorn.
At Glasgow, William Boyd, Esq. of Longrigg, brass founder in Glasgow, late Captain of his Majesty's schooner the Thistle.
At Glasgow, Mr Charles James Campbell, son of the late Dr Charles Campbell, of Bencoolen.
Printed by George Ramsay and Company, Edinburgh.