« 이전계속 »
may Gift of
Sam. A. Green, ms.
H1857) The Names and Order of all the Books of the Old and New TESTAMENTS,
and of the APOCRYPHA, with the number of their chapters.
16. And God made two great lights; the I The creation of keseen and earth. 14 of the sun, moon, | greater light to rule the day, and the lesser
at sters. 28 of man in the image of God. 29 Also the light to rule the night: he made the stars also. pointment of food. 'N 1. IN the beginning God created the hea- 17. And God set them in the firmament of ven and the earth.
the heaven, to give light upon the earth, 2. And the earth was without form, and 18. And to rule over the day and over the void; and darkness was upon the face of night, and to divide the light from the darkthe deep. And the Spirit of God moved ness: and God saw that it was good. upon the face of the waters.
19. And the evening and the morning 3.1 And God said, Let there be light: and were the fourth day. there was light.
20. 1 And God said, Let the waters bring 4. And God saw the light, that it was good : forth abundantly the moving creature that and God divided the light from the darkness. hath life, and fowl that may fly above the
5. And God called the light Day, and the earth in the open firmament of heaven. darkness he called Night. And the even- 21. And God created great whales, and ing and the morning were the first day. every living creature that moveth, which
6. 1 And God said, Let there be a firma- the waters brought forth abundantly, after ment in the midst of the waters, and let it their kind, and every winged fowl after his divide the waters from the waters.
kind : and God saw that it was good. 7. And Goc made the firmament, and 22. And God blessed them, saying, Be divided the waters which were under the fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in firmament, from the waters which were the seas; and let fowl multiply in the earth. above the firmament: and it was so.
23. And the evening and the morning 3. And God called the firmament Hea- were the fisth day. ven. And the evening and the morning
24. [ And God said, Let the earth bring were the second day;
forth the living creature after his kind, cat9. 5 And God said, Let the waters undertle, and creeping thing, and beast of the the heaven be gathered together unto one earth after his kind : and it was so. place, and let the dry land appear : and it
25. And God made the beast of the earth was so.
after his kind, and cattle after their kind, 10. And God called the dry land Earth and every thing that creepeth upon the and the gathering together of the waters earth after his kind : and God saw that called he Seas: and God saw that it was it was good. good.
26. And God said, Let us make man in 11. And God said, Let the earth bring forth our image, after our likeness; and let them grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit | have dominion over the fish of the sea,
and tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, is in itself, upon the earth : and it was so. and over all the earth, and over every creep
12. And the earth brought forth grass, and ing thing that creepeth upon the earth. herb yielding seed after his kind, and the 27. So God created man in his own tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, image ; in the image of God created he him; after his kind: and God saw that it was good. male and female created he them. 13. And the evening and the morning
28. And God blessed them, and God said were the third day:
unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and 14.1And God said, Let there be lights in the replenish the earth, and subdue it: and firmament of the heaven, to divide the day have dominion over the fish of the sea, and from the night; and let them be for signs, over the fowl of the air, and over every and for seasons, and for days, and years : living thing that moveth upon the earth.
15. And let them be for lights in the firma- |* 29. 1 And God said, Behold, I have given ment of the heaven, to give light upon the you every herb bearing seed, which is upon earth; and it was so.
the face of all the earth, and every tree, sixth day.
, haagens and these are theme
in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding dekel: that is it which goeth toward the east seed; to you it shall be for meat.
of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates. 30. And to every beast of the earth, and 15. | And the LORD God took the man, to every fowl of the air, and to every thing and put him into the garden of Eden, to that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there dress it and to keep it. is life, I have given every green herb for 16. And the LORD God commanded the meat: and it was so.
man, saying, Of every tree of the garden 31. And God saw every thing that he thou mayest freely eat. had made, and behold, it was very good. 17. But of the tree of the knowledge of And the evening and the morning were the good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for
in the day that thou eatest thereof, thou CHAP. II.
shalt surely die. I The first sabbath. 4 The manner of the creation. 19, 20 18. | And the LORD God said, It is not
The naming of the creatures. 21 The making of woman, good that the man should be alone ; I will 1. T HUS the heavens and the earth were make him an help meet for him.
19. And out of the ground the LORD God 2. And on the seventh day God ended his formed every beast of the field, and every work which he had made ; and he rested on fowl of the air, and brought them unto Adam, the seventh day from all his work which he to see what he would call them: and whathad made.
soever Adam called every living creature, 3. And God blessed the seventh day, and that was the name thereof. sanctified it; because that in it he had 20. And Adam gave names to all cattle, rested from all his work, which God and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast
. created and made.
of the field; but for Adam there was not 4. q These are the generations of the hea- | found a help meet for him. vens and of the earth when they were 21. | And the LORD God caused a deep created, in the day that the LORD God made sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept : and the earth and the heavens,
he took one of his ribs, and closed 5. And every plant of the field before it flesh instead thereof. was in the earth, and every herb of the field 22. And the rib which the LORD God before it grew: for the Lord God had not had taken from man, made he a woman, caused it to rain upon the earth, and there and brought her unto the man. was not a man to till the ground.
23. And Adam said, This is now bone 6. But there went up a mist from the of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she earth, and watered the whole face of the shall be called Woman, because she was ground.
taken out of Man. 7. And the LORD God formed man of the 24. Therefore shall a man leave his father dust of the ground, and breathed into his and his mother, and shall cleave unto his nostrils the breath of life; and man became wife: and they shall be one flesh. a living soul.
25. And they were both naked, the man 8. 7 And the LORD God planted a garden and his wife, and were not ashamed. eastward in Eden ; and there he put the man
CHAP. IIl. whom he had formed.
1 The serpent deceiveth Eve. 6 Man's shameful fall. 9. And out of the ground made the LORD
16 The punishment of mankind: 22 Their casting out of
paradise. God to grow every tree that is pleasant to 1. COW the serpent was more subtil the sight, and good for food ; the tree of life than any beast of the field which also in the midst of the garden, and the the LORD God had made. And he said tree of knowledge of good and evil. unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye
10. And a river went out of Eden to water shall not eat of every tree of the garden? the garden; and from thence it was parted, 2. And the woman said unto the serpent, and became into four heads.
We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the 11. The name of the first is Pison: that garden: as it which compasseth the whole land of 3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in Havilah, where there is gold.
the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye 12. And the gold of that land is good : shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, there is bdellium and the onyx-stone. lest ye die.
13. And the name of the second river is 4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the Ye shall not surely die: whole land of Ethiopia.
5. For God doth know that in the day 14. And the name of the third river is Hid- ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be
opened ; and ye shall be as gods, knowing for out of it wast thou taken; for dust thou good and evil.
art, and unto dust shalt thou return. 6. And when the woman saw that the 20. And Adam called his wife's name tree tus good for food, and that it was plea- Eve, because she was the mother of all sant io the eyes, and a tree to be desired to living. made one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, 21. Unto Adam also, and to his wife, did and did eat, and gave also unto her hus- the LORD God make coats of skins, and band with her, and he did eat.
clothed them. 1. And the eyes of them both were 22. 1 And the LORD God said, Behold, opened, and they knew that they were the man is become as one of us, to know naked; and they sewed fig-leaves together, good and evil
. And now, lest he put forth his and made themselves aprons.
hand, and take also of the tree of life, and 8. And they heard the voice of the Lord eat, and live for ever; God walking in the garden in the cool of 23. Therefore the LORD God sent him the day: and Adam and his wife hid them forth from the garden of Eden, to till the selves from the presence of the LORD God ground from whence he was taken. amongst the trees of the garden.
24. So he drove out the man: and he 9. And the LORD God called unto Adam, placed at the east of the garden of Eden, and said unto him, Where art thou? cherubims, and a flaming sword which
10. And he said, I heard thy voice in turned every way, to keep the way of the the garden, and I was afraid, because I was tree of life. naked; and I hid myself.
CHAP. IV. 11. And he said, Who told thee that thou 1 The birth, trade, and religion of Cain and Abel. 8 The wast naked! Hast thou eaten of the tree, murder of Abel. ii The curse of Cain. whereof I commanded thee that thou 1, ND Adam knew Eve his wife ; and shouldest not eat?
12. And the man said, The woman, said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave 2. And she again bare his brother Abel. me of the tree, and I did eat.
And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain 13. And the LORD God said unto the was a tiller of the ground. Woman, What is this that thou hast done? 3. And in process of time it came to pass, And the woman said, The serpent beguiled that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground me, and I did eat.
an offering unto the Lord. 14. And the LORD God said unto the ser- 4. And Abel, he also brought of the pent, Because thou hast done this, thou art firstlings of his flock, and of the fat thereof. cursed above all cattle, and above every And the Lord had respect unto Abel, and beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou to his offering : go, and dust shalt thou eat, all the days of 5. But unto Cain and to his offering he
had not respect. And Cain was very 15. And I will put enmity between thee wroth, and his countenance fell. and the woman, and between thy seed and 6. And the Lord said unto Cain, Why her seed: it shall bruise thy head, and thou art thou wroth ? And why is thy countenance shalt bruise his heel.
fallen? 16. Unto the woman he said, I will 7. If thou doest well, shalt thou not be greatly multiply thy sorrow, and thy con- accepted ? And if thou doest not well, sin ception: in sorrow thou shalt bring forth lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his children ; and thy desire shall be to thy desire, and thou shalt rule over him. husband, and he shall rule over thee.
8. And Cain talked with Abel his 'bro17. And unto Adam he said, Because ther: and it came to pass, when they were hou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I his brother, and slew him. commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not 9. And the LORD said unto Cain, Where eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; is Abel thy brother ? And he said, 1 know in surrow shalt thou eat of it all the days not : Am I my brother's keeper ? of thy life.
10. And he said, What hast thou done ? 13. Thorns also and thistles shall it The voice of thy brother's blood crieth bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the unto me from the ground. herb of the field.
11. And now art thou cursed from the 19. In the sweat of thy face shalt thou earth, which hath opened her mouth to reeat bread, till thou return unto the ground; I ceive thy brother's blood from thy hand.
12. When thou tillest the ground, it shall || ted man, in the likeness of God made he him: not henceforth yield unto thee her strength. 2. Male and female created he them; and A fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in blessed them, and called their name Adam, the earth.
in the day when they were created. 13. And Cain said unto the Lord, My 3. 1 And Adam lived a hundred and punishment is greater than I can bear. thirty years, and begat a son in his own
14. Behold, thou hast driven me out this likeness, after his image; and called his day from the face of the earth; and from thy name Seth : face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive 4. And the days of Adam, after he had beand a vagabond in the earth; and it shall gotten Seth, were eight hundred years: and come to pass, that every one that findeth he begat 'sons and daughters. me, shall slay me.
5. And all the days that Adam lived were 15. And the LORD said unto him, There- nine hundred and thirty years : and he died. fore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance 6. 1 And Seth lived a hundred and five shall be taken on him seven-fold. And the years, and begat Enos: LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any find- 7. And Seth lived after he begat Enos ing him should kill him.
eight hundred and seven years, and begat 16. 1 And Cain went out from the pre- sons and daughters. sence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land 8. And all the days of Seth were nine of Nod, on the east of Eden.
hundred and twelve years: and he died. 17. And Cain knew his wife, and she 9. 1 And Enos lived ninety years, and conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded begat Cainan: a city, and called the name of the city, 10. And Enos lived after he begat after the name of his son, Enoch.
Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, 18. And unto Enoch was born Irad: and and begat sons and daughters : Irad begat Mehujael : and Mehujael begat 11. And all the days of Enos were nine Methusael : and Methusael begat Lamech. hundred and five years : and he died.
19. | And Lamech took unto him two 12. 1 And Cainan lived seventy years, wives: the name of the one was Adah, and and begat Mahalaleel : the name of the other Zillah.
13. And Cainan lived after he begat Ma20. And Adah bare Jabal: he was the halaleel eight hundred and forty years, and father of such as dwell in tents, and of such begat sons and daughters : as have cattle.
14. And all the days of Cainan were nine 21. And his brother's name was Jubal: hundred and ten years: and he died. he was the father of all such as handle the 15. And Mahalaleel lived sixty and harp and organ.
five years, and begat Jared : 22. And Zillah, she also bare Tubal- 16. And Mahalaleel lived after he begat Cain, an instructor of every artificer in Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and brass and iron : and the sister of Tubal- begat sons and daughters : Cain was Naamah.
17. And all the days of Mahalaleel were 23. And Lamech said unto his wives, eight hundred ninety and five years : and Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice ; ye wives he died. of Lamech, hearken unto my speech; for I 18. | And Jared lived a hundred sixty have slain a man to my wounding, and a and two years, and he begat Enoch: young man to my hurt.
19. And Jared lived after he begat Enoch 24. If Cain shall be avenged seven-fold, eight hundred years, and begat sons and truly Lamech seventy and seven-fold. daughters:
25.1 And Adam knew his wife again ; and 20. And all the days of Jared were nine she bare a son, and called his name Seth: hundred sixty and two years: and he died. For God, said she, hath appointed me another 21. 1 And Enoch lived sixty and five seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. years, and begat Methuselah :
26. And to Seth, to him also there was 22. And Enoch walked with God after born a son; and he called his name Enos: he begat Methuselah, three hundred years, then began men to call upon the name and begat sons and daughters: of the LORD.
23. And all the days of Enoch were CHAP. V.
three hundred sixty and five years : 1 The genealogy, age, and death of the patriarchs from Adam unto "Noah.' 24 The godliness and translation he was not: for God took him.
24. And Enoch walked with God: and 1. THIS is the book of the generations of 25. | And Methuselah lived a hundred