« 이전계속 »
diminish the allowances, without having the report of an accountant, and a majority of three-fourths of the members present at the meeting when it is lawful for such alterations or additions to be adopted.
107. Country members and sick members shall be entitled to vote by proxy in all motions relative to alterations on the Fundamental Laws; which proxy must be one of the free members present, and properly authorised by mandate.
XIV. DISPUTES AND ARBITRATION.
108. THAT all disputes between members and the Committee of Management shall be referred to the decision of a General Meeting of the Society; and should a member still think himself aggrieved by the decision of a majority of the members present at such meeting, he shall then be at liberty to nominate a neutral person, as Arbiter, on his part, and the Society shall appoint another neutral person on their part, and, should these two Arbiters differ in opinion, they shall appoint a third as oversman; which Arbiters must all be members of Friendly Societies in Edinburgh.
109- The decision of the Arbiters shall be final and binding on both parties, and the losing party shall be found liable in all expences.
110. All disputes between any member and the Society must be settled within three months from the date of the General or Committee Meeting by whose decision such member may think himself aggrieved.
111. No member shall bring any dispute between him and the Society or Committee of Management before a court of law, without having first offered to refer it to arbitration, under the penalty of being expelled the Society, and of forfeiting all claim upon its funds.
XV. FUNDS NOT TRANSFERABLE, &c.
112. THAT no member shall be entitled to transfer his share in this Society, neither shall he be entitled to withdraw his individual stock therefrom, unless in the cases before provided for by Rules 13 and 14.
113. No part of the funds, or sick or funeral allowances, shall be attachable by any member's creditors, or otherwise, upon any pretence whatever.
1J4. This Society shall not be dissolved, unless in terms of the act of Parliament, which requires the consent of Jive-sixlhs of the whole members, as well as of all those who may then be receiving aid from the funds.
115. THAT the following shall be the penalties applicable to the foregoing Laws, and to the cases after mentioned.
1. Absent from Meetings.
treses, Treasurer, or Clerk, absent from Head-quarter Meeting L. s. D.
at Roll-call, - - • - - 0 1 0
absent from Quarterly or Extraordinary do. at do. - 0 0 B
absent from an Adjourned do. at do. - . » - 0 1 0
absent from Committee do. at do. . » .' . - 0 0 6
Old Preses, Treasurer, Clerk, or Manager, absent from Head-quarter Meeting at Boll-call, ... '- .- - 006
absent from Quarterly or Extraordinary do. at do. - 0 0 4
absent from an Adjourned do. at do. 0 0 6
absent from Committee do. at do. -' -004
Member absent from Head-quarter Meeting at Roll-call, •' 0 0 3
absent from Quarterly or Extraordinary do. at do. -' 0 0 2
absent from an Adjourned do. at do. '- - - 0 0 4
Any Member of Committee present at Roll-call, but absent when
Committee-roll is called after the business is finished, - 0 0 6
2. Non-acceptance of Office.
Member refusing to serve, after being duly elected, as either Preses, Treasurer, or Clerk, '- '- - o 5 0 Member refusing to serve as Manager, v - • 0 8 $ as Auditor, - . • 0 2 6
3. Neglect of Duties.
Preses, Treasurer, or Clerk, neglecting any of the duties specified '* in Arts. 50, 51, 52, (besides repayment of any loss the Society '. may sustain), - - - . -0 20
Preses, Treasurer, or Clerk, neglecting to bring or send his Key
within half an hour after the time appointed for meeting, 0 10
Treasurer or Clerk altering the form of the books, - - 0 5 0
Preses refusing to call a meeting on requisition of members, - 0 5 0
Auditor withholding his signature from yearly abstract without
cause, or signing the same without examination of the books, 0 5, 0
Preses neglecting to send a sick member's application to the Surgeon in proper time, - - . - 0 1 6
Treasurer neglecting to furnish the Sick or Funeral Allowances in
proper time, » . - . -050
L. S. B.
Manager neglecting to wait on Surgeon, as specified in Art. 53. 0 10
to pay the sick within the time specified in
Art. 54. (for each sick member neglected), 0 10
. , to report the state of the sick list to the Preses, 0 0 6
Member neglecting to intimate in proper form, his intention of going to work, - - .• - 0 2 6
4. General Fines.
Any member losing the Society's Cash or Minute-book (and to sutler
all loss that may be sustained), - - I 1 0
Materially damaging ditto, such a sum as a majority of the Society may think proper.
Understating age at entry one or two years, double the sum of equivalents the Society would have lost.
In the knowledge of any member embezzling the funds, and concealing the same, . * - - . -110
Sick member convicted of intoxication, first offence, - - 0 5 0
Second offence,—Loss of Sick money during remainderof that trouble.
Improper language to the Chair, of which a majority shall judge, 0 10
Behaving in a disorderly manner at any meeting, of which a majority
shall judge, .- - - - -006
Non-payment of Quarter-account each time, if below 5s. - 0 0 2
.,. if 5s. or upwards, 0 0 3
II. EXPULSION AND FORFEITURE OF CONTRIBUTIONS.
Imposition at entry by latent disease.
Embezzlement of funds, and to be prosecuted for restitution of the same.
Non-payment of quarter-accounts, if to the amount of 25s. or upwards.
116. Should any dubiety arise as to the meaning of any of the above Laws, the opinion of a majority of the members present at a General Meeting of the Society shall be decisive of the question.
VIEW of the whole Sick and Funeral Equivalents payable by Entrants above 21 years of age ;—or, in lieu thereof, the increased Annual Contributions payable by such of these Members as may not have paid Equivalents;— and these Annual Contributions again divided into the Quarterly Contributions.
COMMITTEE OF MANAGEMENT, 1824.-5.
David STEWART, Preses.
Robert SMITH,. . William FLEMING.. Robert THOMSON, THOMAS WRIGHT, * John Scott. . .
William DUMBRECK, M. D. Surgeon, 58. George Street. James SKIRVING, Esq. Accountant, Pilrig Street.
LIST OF MEMBERS, 1824.
William Stephen 10 John Greig
Robert Pringle 20 John Leslie
Robert Thomson 25 George Brown
William Cartwright 30 Thomas Wright
David Fleming 35 William Lamb
John Fairgrieve 45 William Andrew