« 이전계속 »
18. P.M.-“ Speak, for thy servant heareth.” 1 Sam. iii. 10. 1 IN thy name, O Lord, assembling,
We, thy people, now draw near; Teach us to rejoice with trembling; Speak, and let thy servants hear:
Hear with meekness; Hear thy word with godly fear. 2 While our days on earth are lengthen'd,
May we give them, Lord, to thee; Cheer'd by hope, and daily strengthen'd, May we run, nor weary be;
Till thy glory
All thy people shall adore,
19. P.M.- Fruitful showers emblems of the salutary effects of the gospel.
Isa. lv. 10, 11.
And the diffusive rain,
It turns not back again;
And calls forth all its secret store. 2 Array'd in beauteous green,
The hills and valleys shine,
By providence divine;
3“ So,” said the God of grace,
My gospel shall descend,
“ The purpose I intend;
20. L.M.- Divine teachings and their happy consequences. Isa. liv. 13. 1 BRIGHT source of intellectual rays,
Father of spirits and of grace,
Celestial beamings from thy throne. 2 Thy sacred book would we survey,
Enlightend with that heavenly day,
To teach our souls to know the Lord. 3 So shall our children learn the road
That leads them to their fathers' God;
Shall infant minds with knowledge shine. 4 So shall the haughtiest soul submit,
With children placed at Jesus' feet:
Amidst a thousand trifling cares;
The one thing needful is forgot?
And famish an immortal mind;
3 The eternal God calls from above,
And Jesus pleads his bleeding love;
And shall they join their pleas in vain? 4 Not so your dying eyes shall view
Those objects which you now pursue;
When the decisive hour is near.
To fix conviction on the heart;
Listening to the joyful sound,
Take the peace the gospel brings. 2 Turn to Christ your longing eyes,
View his bloody sacrifice;
23. S.M.- An immediate attention to God's voice required. Heb. iii. 15. 1 THE Lord Jehovah calls;
Be every ear inclin'd;
And captivate the mind. 2 If he in thunder speaks,
Earth trembles at his nod;
The condescending God.
3 O harden not your hearts,
But hear his voice to-day,
The word of conquering grace; ;
C.M.-The Sower. Mark iv. 3.
Send down thy heavenly rain;
And water too in vain. 2 May no vain thoughts, those birds of prey,
Defraud us of our gain;
Choke up the precious grain.
Where but the blade can spring;
A dead, a useless thing.
A transient rapture prove;
Our faith and hope remove.
Receive the heavenly word;
25. L.M.- For searching of heart. Ps. cxxxix. 23, 24. 1 SEARCH me, O God! and know my heart;
Try me-my inmost thoughts survey;
From every false and evil way.
2 Nor only from impending wrath,
Warn my affrighted soul to flee;
26. P.M.-Seeking the heavenly country. Heb. xi. 14. 1 FROM Egypt's bondage come,
Where death and darkness reign,
And, every conflict o'er,
Enraptur'd myriads sing,
Their pleasures we shall share,
27. C.M.-Grace perfected in glory. Heb. xiii. 20, 21. 1 FATHER of peace, and God of love,
We own thy power to save!
Victorious o'er the grave.