« 이전계속 »
not by years, would be found more convenient. ciple of classification, for the library of the They will at present only suggest, that one set house. of papers, for the longest period of which the 1st July, 1825. number of copies in store will allow, should be, An appendix to the report contains the in the first instance, made up, upon this prin. minutes of evidence to which the report refers.
London: Printed at the Temple Printing-office,
JY J. MOYES, BOUVERIE STRERT.
VALUABLE STANDARD WORKS,
REPORTS of the PARLIAMENTARY PROCEEDINGS of Last Session, systematically arranged; with CRITICAL ESSAYS on the following Subjects :- Ireland-Scotch Law-Colonial Trade Bill— Negro Slavery-IndiaBudget and Taxation--Foreign Trade-Navigation Laws—Export of MachineryCorn Laws-Country Banks—Joint Stock Companies-Combinations—Law, Mr. Martin's Bills—Game Laws—Quarantine Laws — Private Committees, &c. &c. Price 11. 10s. boards.
With respect to the PARLIAMENTARY REPORTS, they have been “ accomplished by the editor of this work, so as to render it, in our opinion, much more worthy of patronage than the enormously expensive and ill-executed volumes which have hitherto monopolised the market. As to the critical part of the work, it manifests considerable information, and much dexterity of rea. soning."_Times.
2. A Genuine and Corrected REPORT of the SPEECHES of the late Right Honourable WILLIAM PITT in the House of Commons. In 3 vols. 8vo. 11. 16s. boards.
3. GIBBON'S HISTORY of the DECLINE and FALL of the ROMAN EMPIRE; adapted to the Use of Families and Young Persons : in which the Civil, Political, and Military Transactions of the Empire are given in the powerful Language of the Author; but the indecent Expressions, and all Allusions of an improper Tendency, have been erased. By Thomas BOWDLER, Esq. F.R.S., &c. 5 vols. 8vo. price 31.3s. boards..
4. The HISTORY of the REIGN of GEORGE the THIRD. By Robert Bisset, LL.D. Author of the Life of Burke, &c. &c. A new Edition, completed to the Death of the King. In 6 vols. 8vo. price 31. 3s. boards.
5. The LIFE of the RIGHT HON. R. B. SHERIDAN. By THOMAS Moore, Esq. Author of Lalla Rookh. With a Portrait, from an original picture by Sir Joshua REYNOLDS. 4th Edit, 2 vols. 8vo. 11. 11s. 6d.
6. MEMOIRS of ELIZABETH STUART, QUEEN of BOHEMIA, Daughter of King James I. ; with Sketches of the most distinguished Personages, and the State of Society in Holland and Germany, during the 17th Century. By Miss BenGER. In 2 vols. post 8vo. 11. 4s. boards.
By the same Author, MEMOIRS of MARY, QUEEN of SCOTS, with Anecdotes of the Court of HENRY the SECOND, during her Residence in France. In 2 vols. 8vo. with a genuine Portrait, never before engraved. Price 11. 4s. boards. 2d Edit.
MEMOIRS of the LIFE of ANNE BOLEYN, Queen of Henry VIII. 2d Edit. in 2 vols. with 2 Portraits, 16s.
MEMOIRS of the late MRS. ELIZABETH HAMILTON. The 2d Edition, 2 vols. 8vo. with a Portrait, price 11. ls. boards.
MEMOIRS of MR. JOHN TOBIN, Author of the HONEY-Moon. In 8vo. Price 12s. boards.
MEMOIRS of HENRY the FOURTH of FRANCE.- In the Press.
ANNUAL BIOGRAPHY and OBITUARY for 1826, being the Tenth Volume; containing Memoirs of Admiral Lord Radstock; the Rev. Henry Kett, B.D.; Mrs. Barbauld; Rev. Charles Wolfe, A.B.; Earl Whitworth; Rev. Samuel Parr, LL.D.; Thomas Bowdler, Esq.; Right Rev. John Fisher, D.D., Lord Bishop of Salisbury; Henry Fuseli, Esq., R.A.; Rev. Abraham Rees, D.D.; Earl of Carlisle; Alexander Tilloch, LL.D.; Mrs. Franklin; William Owen, Esq., R.A.; Vice-Admiral Sir Thomas Bertie; the Earl of Donoughmore, &c. &c. &c.; and a General Biographical Index. Price 15s. bds.
Vols. 1 to 9, price 15s, each, may also be had.
The HISTORY of ENGLAND during the MIDDLE AGES. By SHARON TURNER, F.A.S., R.A.L. 2d Edit., 5 Vols. 8vo., 31. bds., or in 3 Vols. 4to., 61. bds.
These Volumes contain the History of ENGLAND from the Norman Conquest to the Death of Henry VII., and also the History of the LITERATURE, POETRY, RELIGION, the PROGRESS to the REFORMATION, and the LANGUAGE of ENGLAND during that period.
Vol. the Third, of the 4to. Edit., may be had separately, price 21. 2s. boards.
By the same Author, The HISTORY of the ANGLO-SAXONS, from their First Appearance in Europe to the End of their Dynasty in England; comprising the History of England from the Earliest Period to the Norman Conquest. The Fourth Edition, in Three thick Vols. 8vo. corrected and improved, with a Map. 21. 5s. bds.
9. MEMOIRS of JOHN, DUKE of MARLBOROUGH; with his Original Correspondence, collected from the Family Records at Blenheim, and other authentic Sources. By the Rev. ARCHDEACON Coxe. In 6 Vols. 8vo., with an Atlas, 51. 5s.
By the same Author, The PRIVATE and CONFIDENTIAL CORRESPONDENCE of CHAS. TALBOT, DUKE of SHREWSBURY, principal Minister to King William, for a considerable Period of his Reign. In 4to., with a Portrait of the Duke of Shrewsbury, from an original Painting by Sir Peter Lely. Price 31. 3s. bds.
HISTORY of the HOUSE of AUSTRIA, from the Foundation of the Monarchy by Rhodolph of Hapsburg to the Death of Leopold the Second, 1218 to 1792. 5 Vols. 8vo. price 31. 13s. 6d., bds. .
MEMOIRS of the LIFE and ADMINISTRATION of Sir ROBERT WALPOLE, Earl of Orford, drawn from Original Correspondence and Authentic Papers never before published. In 4 Vols. 8vo., 21. 2s. bds.
MEMOIRS of the KINGS of SPAIN of the HOUSE of BOURBON, from the Accession of Philip the Fifth to the Death of Charles the Third, 1700 — 1788, from Original Documents and Secret Papers, many of which have never before been published. The 2d Edition. In 5 Vols. 8vo., 31. in bds. A few copies in 3 Vols., imp. 4to. 121. 12s. bds.
TOUR in MONMOUTHSHIRE. 2 Vols. 4to., bds., with Plates. 41.4s.
MEMOIRS of HORATIO LORD WALPOLE. In 2 Vols. 8vo. 11. 6s. in bds., the 2d Edition.