« 이전계속 »
O D E on the Glories of the-Heavens. Addison.
I . ,Æ VHE spacious Firmament on high,
2. Soon as the Evening Shades prevail,
B 3. What
3. What though, in solemn Silence, all
DAVID'S Pastoral HTMN on Providence.
I- ^Tf^HE Lord my Pasture shall prepare,
z. When in the sultry Glebe I faint,
3. Tho' in the Paths of Death I tread,
;.. Tho' in a bare and rugged Way,
HYMN on Gratitude. Addison.
I. T T 7 HEN all thy Mercies, O my God!
2. O how shall Words with equal Warmth
The Gratitude declare
3. Thy Providence my Lise sustain'd,
And all my Wants redrest,
When in the silent Womb I lay,
And hung upon the Breast.
4. To all my weak Complaints and Cries,
Thy Mercy lent an Ear,
5. Unnumber'd Comsorts to my Soul.
Thy tender Care bestow'd,
B 2 6. When t
6. When in the flipp'ry Paths of Youth
With heedless Steps I ran,
7. Through hidden Dangers, Toils, and Deaths,
It gently clear'd my Way,
8. When worn with Sickness, oft hast thou
With Healilurenew'd my Face;
9. Thy bounteous Hand with worldly Bliss
Has made my Cup run o'er,
10. Ten thoufand thoufand precious Gifts
My daily Thanks employ;
11. Through every Period of my Lise
Thy Goodness I'll pursue;
1 z. When Nature fails, and Day and Night