« 이전계속 »
CONTENTS OF VOLUME FOURTH.
1. The Causes which contribute to the Decline of Learning,
2. A View of the Obscure Ages,
3. On the present state of Polite Learning in Italy,
4. Of Polite Learning in Germany,
5. Of Polite Learning in Holland, and some other countries of
8. Of rewarding Genius in England,
9. Of the marks of Literary Decay in France and England,
No. I.-SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, 1759.
On a beautiful youth struck blind with lightning,
The Story of Alcander and Septimius
Some Particulars relative to Charles XII.
Happiness, in a great measure, dependent on constitution,
No. V.SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 1759.
A word or two on the late Farce called "High Life Below
No. VI. SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 1759.
On the Instability of Worldly Grandeur,
Some Account of the Academies of Italy,
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 1759.
Of the Pride and Luxury of the Middling Class of People,
The Sentiments of a Frenchman on the Temper of the English, 164
The Preface to Dr Brookes's system of Natural History,
Introduction to a new History of the World,
The Preface to the Roman History,
The Preface to the History of England,
The Preface to a History of the Earth and Animated Nature,
Preface to a collection of Poems, for Young Ladies,
Goldsmith's quarrel with Evans the Bookseller,
Dr Johnson's Epitaph on Dr Goldsmith,