« 이전계속 »
1.-1. Prize Essays on a Congress of Nations for the Adjust-
ment of International Disputes, and for the Promo-
tion of Universal Peace without Resort to Arms; to-
gether with a Sixth Essay, comprising the Substance
of the Rejected Essays. Boston, 1840. 8vo, pp. 706.
2. The Manual of Peace, exhibiting the Evils and Re-
medies of War. By Thomas C. Upham, Professor of
Mental and Moral Philosophy in Bowdoin College.
Published by the American Peace Society. Boston,
1842. 12mo, pp. 212.
3. An Inquiry into the Accordancy of War with the
Principles of Christianity, and an Examination of the
Philosophical Reasoning by which it is Defended;
with Observations on some of the Causes of War and
on some of its Effects. Fourth Edition. London,
1843. Pp. 112.
1. The Cause of the Heavy Burden of Great Britain,
and of her National Debt; comprising a rapid survey
of some of the great events especially connected with
the Finances of British History during the last 150
years. Second Edition. London, 1843. Pp. 12.
5. The True Grandeur of Nations; an Oration delivered
before the Authorities of the City of Boston, U.S., on
the 4th of July 1845, by Charles Sumner. Boston,
6. Extracts from “ The True Grandeur of Nations."
Liverpool, 1846. Pp. 31.
7. Congrès des Amis de la Paix Universelle réunis à
Bruxelles en 1848. Bruxelles, 1849. Pp. 90.
8. Report of the Proceedings of the Second General Peace
Congress, held in Paris on the 22d, 23d, and 24th of
August 1849. London, 1850.
9. Verhandlungen des dritter allgemeinen Friedenscon-
gresses, gelalten in der Paulskirche zu Frankfurt am
22, 23, und 24te August 1850. Frankfurt am Main,
1851. 8vo, pp. 100.
10. Trois Congrès des Amis de la Paix, à Londres, Bir-
mingham, et Manchester, les 30 et 31 Octobre, et ler
Novembre, 1849. Paris, 1850. 8vo, pp. 16.
11. Report of the Proceedings of the Third General Peace
Congress, held in Frankfort on the 22, 23d, and 24th
August 1850; compiled from authentic documents,
under the superintendence of the Peace Congress
Committee. London, 1851. 8vo, pp. 77.
12. Gedanken über die Bildung von Friedens-Vereinen
in Deutschland dem am 22 Juli in London zu eröffnen
der vierten Friedenscongresse gewidmet. Von Dr.
G. A. Spiess, praktischen Arzte in Frankfurt am
Main, Frankfurt, 1851. 8vo, pp. 32.
13. Olive Leaves for the People, in 12 Numbers. By
Elihu Burritt. Birmingham, 1851.
14. An Earnest Plea for the Reign of Temperance and
Peace as conducive to the Prosperity of Nations, sub-
mitted to the Visitors of the Great Exhibition. By
James Silk Buckingham. London, 1851. 12mo, pp.
15. Britain's Mission. By the Rev. T. Pyne, A.M. Lon-
don, 1851. Pp. 8.
16. An Address on International Peace, as connected with
the Meeting of Nations in 1851. By a Barrister.
London, 1851. Pp. 8, . .
III.-1. Kugler's Hand-Book of Painting—The Schools of
Painting in Italy. Translated from the German of
Kugler, by a Lady. Edited, with Notes, by Sir
Charles L. Eastlake, P.R.A., F.R.S. Second Edition,
thoroughly revised, with much additional matter.
2. Handbuch der Kunstgeschichte. Von Dr. Franz
Kugler, Professor an der Königlichen Akademie der
Künste zu Berlin. Zweite Auflage, mit Zusätzen.
Von Dr. Tae Burckhardt. Berlin, 1848.
3. Ancient Art and its Remains; or a Manual of the
Archæology of Art. By C. O. Müller. New Edition,
VI.-The Works of John Owen, D.D. Edited by the Rev.
William H. Goold, Edinburgh. Vols. 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9,
14, (to be completed in Fifteen Volumes.) London
and Edinburgh, 1850-51, . . .