« 이전계속 »
To nach article is annexed the number of the page of this volume in wbich it is to be found. 1789 April 28. A mutiny on board Commons a salary of 6000 l. a year, 173. the Bounty armed ship, in the South Sea; 11. The Emperor of Morocco died at when the captain and eighteen otbers Sallee, 258. were put into an open boat, and after 14. Sir George Ramsay wounded in a traversing the occean for forty-fx days, duel with Mr Macrae, at Muffelburgh arrived at Timor, p. 145.
links, and died two days after, 206. Aug. 23. The Vanõttart East India. 14. Dr Andrew Coventry appointed man, with a great deal of treasure on profeffor of agriculture in the univerfity board, lost in the ftraits of Billoton, 143. of Edinburgh, 208.
Dec. 30. The French National Af-m. 15. The lines of Travancore, in the bly decree, that persons, though not Ro. East Indies, formed and carried by Tipman Catholics, are capable of holding poo Saib, 561. employments civil and military, 44.
17. The celebrated Dr Benjamin 24. His Majesty's ship the Guardian Franklin died at Philadelphia, 310. 483. damaged on an island of ice, and miracu. The French National Affembly go into loully got to the Cape of Good Hope, mourning three days for the Doctor, 305. after the greatest part of the crew had ta. 14. Decree passed by the French Nakes to their boats and left her, 220. tional Affembly for the management of . 1790, 7an. II. A congress of deputies the estates of the clergy, 196. from the ftates of the provinces in the 19. The House of Lords determine the Netberlands, met at Brussels, conclude a appeal relating to Scots fictitious votes, treaty of upion, go
and reverse the judgement of the Court 30. Mr Howard, the celebrated phi- of Sesion, 229. 256. lanthropift, died at Cherson, 153.
28. The King of Sweden takes Kar31. j. Frith, a maniac, threw a stone nankolky; and kills near 2000 Ruffians at the ftate-coach as his Majesty was go- in an attempt they made to dislodge him, ing to the House of Peers, 47.
250. 35. The Edinburgh equeftrian Circus May 4. Warrancs illued for imprese opened for the first time, 98.
sing leamen, 253. 31. Treaty of alliance between Prussia
s. His Majesty sends messages to both and the Porte figned at Constantinople, Houses of Parliament intimating the Spa193.
nith hoftilities at Nootka Sound, 253. Feb. 4. Trial by jury declared to be a 8. Officers ordered to join their regi. fandamental part of the French conftitu. ments, and the customary proclamation tion, 91.
offering bounties to seamen, 253 4. The French King went to the Na. 12. The Courts of Session and Extional Affembly, and gave his unfolicited chequer met this day for the summer and voluntary fanction to the new consti fellion, agreeable to an act of parliament, tution, 91
225. 3. Dr William Cullen, first physician 13. The Swedeg lose two ships of the to his Majesty in Scotland, and professor line in an unsuccessful attempt on the of tbe pra&tice of physic in the univer- port of Revel, 250. fity of Edinburgh, died at Edinburgh, 15. They gain a complete victory over
the Ruffian fleet of armed vessels at Free 14. Monaftic houses abolished in France, derick Mam, 250.
22. The French National Affembly, 40. Jofeph II. Emperor of Germany after some days debate, deprive the King died at Vienna, and is fucceeded by bis of the power of making war, 251. brother Leopold, Grand Duke of Tur
27. The General Afembly of the cany, 153
Church of Scotland appoint a committee Hoftilities between the East India
to take the proper measures to obtain a Company and Tippoo Saib, 454.
repeal of the test-act, 351. March 2. Mr Fox's motion in the
June 4. The Whig club of Dundee House of Commons, for the repeal of the fend an address to the French National teft-aft, negatived by 294 to 105. p. 117. Affembly, 457; and receive an answer,
19. The Eaft India Company of France 458. foppreffed, 194.
11. The sixteenth parliament of Great April 1. The royal affent given to a Britain diffolved, 330. bill to allow the Speaker of the House of 19. The French National Assembly
SCOTS MAGAZI N E.
JANUARY, 1990. *****************************************************
C ο Ν Τ Ε Ν T, S. . Account of Dr Joun Moore, and his wri. |On the Reformation of Morals in Pria
SON$ 29. Account of an Interview with the GRAND || On the STYLE of Dr SAMUEL JOHNSON 35.. LAMA 3:
|| POETRY. Verses occasioned by the death of Governor Ellis's description of the Hurri-| Dr W. Leechman of Glasgow 37. The CANE 6.
origin of Grog, by Dr Trotter 38. Ode On the RECOVERY of persons APPARENTLY on No Ode, by Peter Pindar, ib. DEAD 7.
HISTORICAL AFFAIRS. Austrian NetherAccount of the Marquis de PELLEPORT 8. lands : Justificatory memorial of the BraPARLIAMENT. King's speech 9. Lords on bantine patricts 39. Union between the the address ib. Commons on the address ftates of Flanders and Br bant 40. 10 Corn, Slave-trade, Navy-estimates - France : Proceedings of the National Are II.
fembly, &c. 40.–45. On the improvement of WOOL 12.
- East Indies : Slave-trade abolished in BenOn the utility of encouraging the breed of gal 45 Engagement with the Polygars 46. SWALLOWS 15.
- England: Prince Edward arrives in LonNarrative of the melancholy fate of Mr D.ll don 47. A stone thrown at the King HALLYBURTON and others 17.
when going to the House of Peers ib. SNAKES charmed hy Music 18.
- Scotland : A piece of plate voted by the New Books. Reid on the active powers of Magistrates of Einburgh to Dr Cullen, man 19. Transadions of the society for &c. 47. Justiciary trials 48. the encouragement of arts 20. Catalogue Lists. Marriages, Births, and Deaths, 49.
Preferments $1. Bankrupts, Prices of The PAILOSOPHICAL SHOEMAKER 31. !! Grain, Meal, Stocks, &c. 52.