« 이전계속 »
1. A Greek Poet.
2. A bathing place.
3. A village in Oxfordshire.
4. An order.
5. Samaria's builder.
6. Father of a furious driver.
7. An un-English name for a river.
Exiles from native land are we,
1. A heavenly creation
2. A Normandy duke.
3. A fashionable conveyance.
4. A victim of Circe.
5. An ancient King who broke the tenth com
6. A firm refusal.
7. A nursery simpleton.
This for many a night I ween,
1. Many this Monarch has hurled to the grave, Amid snow and ice, these adventurers brave. 2. This river small, in fair Italia's plain,
Saw Canna's fight, and saw the Roman slain. 3. The little way-side Inn knows not the vine, But has this ale, which far surpasses wine.
If while doing my First you my Second have lost, You may just as well never have sent to the post.
1. Where both sexes congregate.
2. An insect.
3. This Peninsula caused many tears.
4. A useful compound.
5. A Heathen deity.
6. Sand and ashes.
'Mid gorgeous pomp, a brilliant scene,
My First is at my Last;
It was a bonnie sight I ween,
To see the show go past.
1. In crowded courts oft seen,
A learned man I ween.
2. Inhuman father, he
In Dante you will see.
3. To comfort he did try,
4. This by Dentists now is used,
5. A nasty creeping thing
Which will a shudder bring.
When standing upon consecrated ground,
1. A man, yet no man-one whose race disgraced The mighty demi-god of Greece displaced.
2. A living statue and a lady fair.
3. A powerful exile from his native air.
Where'er my Second, there
my First should come,
But the place proper for my First is home.
1. An Irish cavalry quarter.
2. A town in India.
Time's sweetest beauty,
1. Lowly by nature, toiling all day, Pointing a moral none can gainsay.
2. Iome of the sages, since passed away,
4. If treated gently, then you will see
See how my First becomes my Last,
1. My First for little children wrote.
5. This was an animal caught by the ears, Upon which a little boy gave three cheers.
Hark! from my First there comes that joyous chime,
Which makes my Second famous for all time.
1. My First often life does take.