« 이전계속 »
which notes or obligations may be renewed from time to time until permanent bonds shall have been issued by such municipality to take up and pay for the same.
And each contracting municipality shall have the Bond issue. power and is hereby authorized, from time to time, to issue its bonds for the purpose of raising money necessay to pay its notes or other temporary obligations, including interest, issued and outstanding for the purpose hereinbefore stated, or to make any of the payments required by the said contract, which said bonds shall be in Amount and such amounts and bear interest at such rate, not exceeding six per centum per annum, and shall be payable at such time and place as the governing body or board having charge of the finances of such municipality shall by resolution, duly, adopted, determine.
The total amount of indebtedness incurred and of Limit of inbonds issued by any municipality under the authority of this act shall not exceed five per centum of the tax ratables within such municipality, as shown by its official books of the last assessment for taxes therein, but said indebtedness and bond shall be held to be authorized in addition to the amount of indebtedness and bonds fixed by the charter or general act as a limitation beyond which such municipality may not incur indebtedness or issue bonds, and said indebtedness and bonds authorized by this act shall not be taken to be included within or governed by any such limitation.
7. Upon the making of any such contract as is herein Commissioners provided for the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission- money. ers are authorized and empowered to borrow upon their corporate notes, or other temporary obligations, any moneys which may be required by them in the performance of the said contract, for the payment of which moneys so borrowed said contract with the several municipalities executing the same shall be security.
8. Any time after the making of a contract in ac- May contract cordance with the provisions hereof, the Passaic Valley sewers by Sewerage Commissioners may, with the consent of the other municimunicipalities which have contracted with them, enter into further contract or contracts, with any other municipality, or person or corporation, for the use of the said intercepting sewer or sewers and appurtenances,
maintenance of sewers upon com.
and for participation in the benefits and in the cost of
such contract or contracts.
And the said last-mentioned municipality or municimay borrow,
palities shall have like power to borrow money, make and issue notes or other temporary obligations and bonds, as is given by this act to the municipalities first entering into contract with the Passaic Valley Sewerage
Commissioners. Control and
9. Upon the completion of such intercepting sewer or
sewers, plant and works, and appurtenances, the Paspletion. saic Valley Sewerage Commissioners are authorized and
directed to retain and have the sole control and charge of the said sewer or sewers, plant and works, and appurtenances, and every municipality using such intercepting sewer or sewers, plant and works, is hereby required to pay annually to the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners, on demand, its proportion of the cost of maintenance and operation of the same, as the same may be certified to it from time to time by the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners, pursuant to the terms of said contract, which said cost of maintenance and operation shall be raised and provided for by the said municipalities by taxation, or by the issue of temporary loan bonds in anticipation of taxation.
In case the sewer or sewers, plant or works, first concontracting municipalities tracted to be built under this act shall not be built and sewering
put in practical operation by the twelfth day of Deceminto excepted' ber, one thousand nine hundred and ten, then and in that
ne municipalities lying in whole or in part within the Passaic valley sewerage district, and not entering into contract with the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioner for the construction of an intercepting sewer or sewers, plant or works, under this act, shall havetwo years from the time within which such sewer or sewers shall be put into practical operation within which to cease to discharge all sewage and other polluting mat
ter into the said portion of the said river. Keeping of It shall be the duty of the Comptroller of this Stateauditing and
to cause the accounts of the Passaic Valley Sewerage publication. Commissioners to be annually audited at the expense of
Time for non
the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners, and the result of such audit shall be printed with the financial report of the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners. The said Board of Sewerage Commissioners shall at all times keep full and accurate account of its receipts and expenditures and liabilities, and shall annually cause a detailed statement thereof to be published and a copy thereof mailed to the clerk of each of the contracting municipalities. Said commissioners shall be liable for Liability of
commissioners any unlawful act, as are now members or officers of any public body, and no commissioner shall be, directly or indirectly, interested in any contract awarded under the provisions of this act, or in furnishing material or supplies therefor to any contractor, or in furnishing security for the performance of any contract.
In case the city of Paterson shall, pursuant to the Use of plans, provisions of this act, enter into contract with the ing' to PaterPassaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners for the construction of an intercepting sewer or sewers, plant and works, and appurtenances, then and in that case the said city shall turn over to the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners all plans, maps, data and reports which it may have produced, purchased or secured, and which it may now own relating to the subject of sewage and sewage disposal, and the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners shall credit to the city of Paterson therefor Credit on said contract the sum of eight thousand dollars ($8,000), and the said sum shall be taken to be a part of the construction cost of said sewer or sewers, plant and works.
10. In case, for any reason, any section or provision Validity of of this act shall be questioned in any court, and shall be held to be unconstitutional or invalid, the same shall not be held to affect any other section or provision of this act.
II. For the purpose of removing any doubt which Corporate may exist as to the corporate power and authorityers and" of the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners to enter name. into and perform the contracts herein and hereby authorized, and to execute and perform the duties herein imposed upon the said commissioners, the said Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners heretofore appointed,
and their successors in office, are and shall continue to be a body politic and corporate, with perpetual succession under the name of Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners, with power to sue and be sued, with power to adopt and use a corporate seal, and with the right, power and authority to acquire, hold, use and dispose of all such property, real or personal, as may be proper or necessary, and with all other power or authority proper or necessary to carry out and effectuate the purposes for which the said board is created.
12. All acts or parts of acts inconsistent with the provisions of this act are hereby repealed.
13. This act shall take effect immediately.
An Act to regulate the appointment and compensation
of clerks and assistants in the offices of city clerks in the cities of the first class.
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
1. It shall be lawful for the city clerk of any city of the first class in this State, by and with the consent of the board of aldermen or common council therein, to appoint such clerks and assistants in the office of such city clerk, and to increase or decrease the number thereof, as the public business may require, and to fix the salaries of such clerks and assistants, and the board of finance or body having control of the finances of such city shall provide the moneys necessary to pay the salaries of such clerks and assistants.
2. All acts or parts of acts inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed, and this act shall take effect immediately.
Approved March 26, 1907.
An Act to amend an act entitled "An act concerning
corporations (Revision of 1896)," approved April
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly
1. Section six of the act to which this is an amend-
ment is hereby amended to read as follows:
6. Upon executing, recording and filing a certificate Association
pursuant to all the provisions of this act, three or more purposes
persons may become a corporation for any lawful pur-
pose or purposes whatever, other than a savings bank,
a building and loan association, an insurance company.
a surety company, a railroad company, a telegraph com-
pany, a telephone company, a canal company, a turnpike
company, or other company which shall need to possess
the right of taking and condemning lands in this State,
or other than a corporation provided for by "An act
concerning banks and banking (Revision of 1899)," or
by "An act concerning trust companies (Revision of
1899),” or by “An act concerning safe deposit com-
panies (Revision of 1899)." It shall, however, be
lawful to form a company hereunder for the purpose of
constructing, maintaining and operating railroads, tele-
phone or telegraph lines outside of this State; provided, Proviso;
that any company organized under the provisions of this companies to
act for cremation purposes shall, before beginning busi- fide copycof
ness, file a certified copy of its certificate of incorpora-
tion with the State Board of Health and obtain from
said board a license to carry on said business, under
such rules and regulations as said board may prescribe.
2. This act shall take effect immediately.