« 이전계속 »
State, now the borough of Sea Isle City, be and the same is hereby constituted a city of this State, and all the inhabitants of this State residing within the limits aforesaid be and they are hereby ordained, constituted and declared to be, from time to time, forever hereafter one body politic and corporate, under and by the name of Sea Isle City.
2. This act shall take effect immediately; provided, Referendum. it shall not operate to effect the incorporation of the territory above described as a city of this State until it shall have been accepted by a vote of a majority of the qualified vcters of the said described territory voting thereon, at a special election to be held within said ter- Special ritory on the thirtieth day of April, one thousand nine hundred and seven, within the hours of six A. M. and seven P. M. of said day, at a place within said territory to be fixed by the clerk of said borough of Sea Isle City. The clerk of said borough shall cause public no- Notice of tice of the time and place of holding said election to be given by advertisement signed by himself and set up in at least ten public places within the described territory and published in one or more newspapers printed or published or circulating therein at least ten days prior to such election; and the said clerk shall provide for each elector voting at such election ballots to be printed Ballots. or written, or partly printed and partly written, on which shall be printed the word "for" and the word "against" above and immediately preceding the title of this act; and if the word "for" be marked off or defaced upon the ballot it shall be counted as a vote against the acceptance of said act; if the word "against" is marked off or defaced it shall be counted as a vote in favor of the acceptance thereof; and in case neither the word "for” or the word "against" be marked off or defaced upon the ballot it shall not be counted either as a vote for or against such acceptance. Such election shall be How election held at the time and place appointed, and be conducted by the officers of the borough of Sea Isle City. The
Result. officers holding such election shall make return to the council of the borough of Sea Isle City the result thereof by a statement, in writing, under their hands, and
Meeting of board of regis. tration.
the same shall be entered on the minutes of said council; and thereupon and upon such acceptance by the voters as aforesaid, but not otherwise, this act shall in all respects be operative.
3. The register of voters of the voters within said described territory used at the general election next preceding the holding of such special election shall be used for the purpose of conducting such special election. It shall not be necessary for the Board of Registry and Election in said described territory to make a new registry of voters for such special election, but only to revise and correct the register made for the last general election, and for that purpose the said board shall meet at such place within said described territory as shall be designated by the clerk of said borough of Sea Isle City one week next preceding said election. Notice of the place so designated shall be given by the clerk by posting it in at least five of the most public places in said described territory. Said meetings of the Board of Registry and Elections shall begin at one o'clock in the afternoon and continue until nine o'clock in the evening of that day, for the purpose of revising and correcting the register and adding thereto the names of all persons entitled to vote within said territory at said special election, who shall appear in person before them and establish to the satisfaction of the majority of the board that they are entitled to vote at said election, or who shall be sworn by a written affidavit of a voter residing in said described territory to be entitled so to vote; a separate affidavit shall be required for each person so registered, which shall contain the address of the affiant and shall be signed by him, and on the following day one copy thereof shall be delivered to the chairman of the County Board of Elections of Cape May county to be filed by said board, and one copy shall be retained for use by the said board of election at such special election.
4. Immediately after the statement of the result of such election shall be made to the council of the borough of Sea Isle City a copy thereof, certified by its clerk, shall be forthwith filed in the office of the county clerk of said county of Cape May.
Approved April 20, 1907.
Result of election filed with county clerk.
An Act to amend an act entitled “An act to establish
public parks in certain counties of this State and to regulate the same," approved March fifth, one thousand eight hundred and ninety-five. BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
1. Section one (1) of the act to which this is an amendment shall be amended so as to read as follows:
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
1. In any county of this State containing a popu- Justice of lation of more than two hundred thousand it shall be Court to the duty of the Justice of the Supreme Court presiding county park in the courts of such county, as hereinafter provided, to commission. appoint five persons a board of commissioners to be known as “The
County Park Commission” (inserting the name of the county in and for which such commissioners are appointed).' The commissioners first Term. appointed under the provisions of this act in any county shall hold office respectively for the term of one, two, three, four and five years, as indicated and fixed in the order of appointment, and all such commissioners, after the first appointment, shall be so appointed for the full term of five years. Vacancies in the said board, hap- Vacancies. pening by resignation or otherwise, shall be filled by such justice, and the persons appointed to fill such vacancies shall be appointed for the unexpired term only. Such persons so appointed, when duly qualified, constituting such board of park commissioners, and their successors, are hereby created a body politic, with power to sue and be sued, to use a common seal and to make bylaws. The members of any such board shall serve with- o compensaout compensation; their necessary expenses shall be penses. allowed and paid, and no person employed by the said board shall be a member thereof. Before entering upon the duties of his office, each of the members of said
board shall take and subscribe an oath or affirmation faithfully and impartially to perform the duties of his office, which oath or affirmation shall be filed in the office
of the clerk of the county wherein the board of which Organization. he is a member is appointed. Every such board shall
annually choose from among its members a president, vice president and treasurer, and appoint a clerk or seccretary and such other officers and employes as it may deem necessary to carry out the purposes of this act. It may also determine the duties and compensation of such appointees and remove them at pleasure, and make all reasonable rules and regulations respecting the same.
The said board shall have full power and authority and regulations.
is hereby empowered to pass and enact, alter, amend and repeal rules and regulations for the protection, regulation and control of such parks and parkways and the roads, driveways, sidewalks, paths, lakes, pools, ponds, fountains, trees, Aowers, shrubs, statuary, buildings, tools, implements and other things contained therein, and to prescribe fines and penalties for the violation of such rules and regulations and to fix the amount of the
Such rules and regulations shall take effect ten days after their passage by said board, and after their publication once a week for four weeks in at least five newspapers circulating in said county.
Said board shall also have authority to appoint and establish a constabulary to preserve order in the parks and parkways under its control, and to secure the enforcement of the rules and regulations passed and enacted by said board, and to organize said constabulary into a police system to be known as "The Park Police of the County of
(inserting the name of said county), which police system shall consist of a chief and such subordinate officers as may be deemed necessary and proper for the enforcement of the rules and regulations of said board within said parks and parkways, and the proper protection of public property therein, and to establish proper rules and regulations for the appointment, control and management of the members of such constabulary, and for the securing of proper discipline and efficiency among the members of the said
constabulary. Members and officers of said park police powers of shall have power to arrest, on view and without warrant, and conduct before the nearest police magistrate of the local municipality in which said arrest is made, or a police magistrate of a neighboring municipality, any persons found violating the rules and regulations enacted by said board for the protection, preservation, regulation and control of said parks and parkways, and all property and other things therein, and in addition shall have all the powers conferred by law on police officers or constables in the enforcement of the laws of this State and the apprehension of violators thereof. Every such board shall have a suitable office where its Office. maps, plans, documents, records and accounts shall be kept, subject to public inspection at such times and under such reasonable regulations as the board may determine.
2. Section two (2) of the act of which this is an Section amendment shall be amended so as to read as follows:
2. That every such board shall have power to ac- Board may quire, maintain and make available to the inhabitants acquire Tands of the county wherein it is appointed, and to the public parks and open spaces for public resort and recreation, and shall have power to locate within the limits of said county such public parks and places, and for these purposes shall have power to take in fee or otherwise, by purchase, gift, devise or eminent domain, lands and rights in lands for public parks and open spaces within said county; and said lands and rights in land when so taken and all buildings and improvements which may be placed thereon shall be exempt from all taxes, assessments and municipal liens of every kind whatever; deeds Deed. of conveyance therefor shall be made to the said board by its corporate name, and it shall be the dụty of such board to preserve and care for, lay out and improve any improvesuch parks and places, and to make rules for the use and government of the same; such board shall have power Boulevard. also to connect any road, park or public open space with any other park or public open space, and also with'any city or municipality of the said county by a suitable roadway or boulevard, and for such purpose shall have power to exercise any of the rights and powers granted